Thursday, September 2, 2010

9/2/10

I was feeling... especially emo earlier. But I'm alright now because I have more important things to worry about, like the fact that I had homework due 20 minutes ago and I haven't even started reading what I'm supposed to be writing about. I can't even complete homework on the first week of class, nice.

In other news, I decided (for about the 3rd time) that I would really like to become a vegetarian. My best friend is vegetarian, and the other day when I was driving home I saw a pig truck. There were little ears and snouts hanging out of the grated walls, and unfortunately I had to pass it twice. Plus, I just want to stop eating meat, less calories to count.
I did go grocery shopping today at a Whole Foods type place. I spent $65 on a lot of shit (no meat! but yes, faux meat). I was there forever, going down every aisle and scrutinizing the calorie count, sugar grams, fat grams, and serving sizes on everything I was considering, which is what I do every shopping trip. If it's not in my apartment, I can't eat it right? Although somehow I always find a way to pig out.
Anyway, I've been pretty good about not eating out lately, because:
1) I'm broke as shit, and
2) it's hard to assume calorie counts of food that wasn't made yourself (which you all know)

I am not eating food today, I've had two cups of Carnation Instant Breakfast (300 calories), an iced tea from DD with 3 Splendas, and a cup of unsweetened almond milk with 2 Splendas (40 cal). And 4 ciggies. :( I don't really want to start smoking for real, but it really helps with the appetite (placebo?) and gets me buzzed. And I didn't go to the gym today!!! Ahhhh, I did go yesterday though, only for an hour. :( 30 mins on the elliptical on 7 and 30 mins weight lifting. My arms and legs are sore as shit.

1 comment:

  1. I'd lovee to go vegetarian but just don't think I'd have the willpower, but I'm seriously thinking about it. I do the exact same thing when I go grocery shopping, it takes me forever lol less time I spend eating : ) Good luck hun, I just started following you, keep it up xo

    ReplyDelete